Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

11-Feareth not the lumps under thy skin

hey Doc,

I just wanted to say. damn how stupid man can be.. yes im one of them.. i've been complaining about a sore throat for months so i went to an ENT (to see whether i actualy had tonsilitis or were my tonsils swollen due to hiv) i went to the doc and had him look down my throat. he said he saw no infection. i almost fainted. he then looked at me funny, and touched my tonsils, he said there was nothing there, they were normal, made him feel something else which i thought was a node, he said it wasnt, made him feel other stuff and he said again and again that they were either not really swollen (and if they arnt really swollen, nothing to worry about no matter how long theyve been swollen) or they werent lymph nodes or glands at all. i then asked him to look if my tongue was whiter than usual, it wasnt. i couldve swore it was. he looked at me and asked if i was worried about HIV(this guys good). i told him i was. this was a difficult task since he was the guy who circumsized me when i was only a few weeks old! he pulled out what looked like a pregnancy test wiped it around my mouth and asked me to go on an arrand for him (he's a really old man) i couldnt refuse, after all he's taken care of me so many times. i came back 30 minutes later and he asked why i was scared about HIV i told him of my one time unprotected vaginal encounter (considered low risk?) and then told me i was negative but he advised a STD screen test.

The lumps you[ the readers of this forum] are feeling are probably not nodes, if there big and in your neck it could be a tonsil which is usually big anyway so dont go poking around kuz mine actually hurt after all that poking.

ON another node, i mean note :).. Doctor bob SCREW THE POLITICS OF THE US AND COME TO CANADA ANYWAY!!!! and if you live in quebec, come down to montreal, LOTS OF THE MOST GORGEOUS GUYS YOU'VE EVER SEEN!!! and most of them are of french descent, so you know we look good!! (i mean come on, you cant deny you go to france for the eye candy as well!!!) i kindof understood that your in a relationship at the moment, so you cant touch... but you can stare all you want!!! PS: im bi.in case u were wondering :)

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story. There are many similar testimonials in the archives. And personally, I can't even count the number of times anxious patients have asked me to check their "swollen lymph nodes," which, upon examination, are either not swollen or not even lymph nodes!

Regarding Quebec, I have spent a fair amount of time in Quebec City, Montreal and even spent four weeks living with a French-speaking family in Saint Georges de Beauce when I was in college. I agree with your assessment of "les mecs bien montés." The eye candy/guy candy is impressive. And what's this nonsense about I can't touch??? I'm a doc. I've got a license to touch. So tell me, Bi-Guy, where does it hurt???

I do plan to be in Montreal sometime this year.

A bientôt. Stay well.

Something so touching...
TRUE or LOON