Wish Me Luck!!

Hello there Dr.Bob,

Well I am going to what I hope is my final visit to an ID Specialist (Is also an HIV Specialist) on 8/30/06 for a second opinion on my lengthy symptoms in timing with a low risk exposure which was unprotected insertive oral sex with a "Pro" on 9/23/05. 2 weeks later lots of symptoms slowly started build. My symptoms were very strong for the first 3 months and now only have a few lingering symptoms of ear fullness, dry skin (Dandruff), Geographical Tongue, soft stools and right eye that flares up red every now and then. I really feel very good and have for the past 6 months.

Testing:

1,2,3,4 months DNA PCR Neg.

9 month RNA PCR Neg.

3,4,6,8,9 months Elisa Neg.

4 month Elisa Neg. for HIV2

Lots of Oraquiks Neg. from 1 through 11 months.

Also tested the source of my exposure 6 months after my only contact with this person and she was Neg. by Elisa.

Have had NO Exposures since and my last exposure prior to this one was fully protected all the way back on 2/28/05.

I had HIV testing 6 years ago after I had unprotected insertive vaginal sex with a person who I later found was rumored to have had HIV. The stress was unreal, but no symptoms lead me to a one time only test at 6 months post exposure and NEVER tested again! That is untill now when very suspicious symptoms keep me on the hook following THIS last exposure!

I am not AT ALL worried as I once was early on in all this, but do remain concerned at this point and just want to be very thorough!

Do you see any chance in me becoming Pos. later on?

Is there any chance of a varient strain that my Dr. should test for?

Any Brief Comments?

Just to let you know you have no idea just how much you helped me get through the first few months of all this! I truly Thank You for all you do here. Your the man Dr.

Gman9/23

Hello Gman,

Wish you luck? Nah, you don't need my luck. I'm glad I helped you "get through the first few months of all this." Unfortunately my advice apparently wasn't enough to keep you from wasting a considerable amount of time, energy, blood and money chasing an illness you could not possibly have. What you are currently doing is not being "thorough," but rather being pathologically obsessed.

My advice is to stop testing and use the funds to see a psychiatrist. You indeed have a serious problem that would benefit from treatment, but that problem is not HIV.

On second thought, I will indeed wish you luck, because in many ways I do think you'll need it.

Risk of std's for protected oral sex?
Something so touching...