What would you do?

Dr. Bob, what would you do if you had an unprotected encounter with someone who was hiv positive and then you got severe acute symptoms 6 weeks later including an upper body rash and high fever? You then within a couple weeks got ohl and then you had vision problems from many floaters. You then tested negative after a year and a half past exposure but you still had the ohl and floaters. Would you really have peace of mind like you tell us to have even with these infections or would you still be worried sick like I am. I need your response. Please and thanks.

I, like any other person who has had to cope with the challenges of trying to survive HIV, would jump at the chance to have the peace of mind of knowing I was definitively HIV negative following a negative HIV test 1.5 years after a potential exposure.

Would I still be worried sick like you? No frigging way!

You are HIV negative. How you choose to live with that wonderful piece of information is up to you. Your floaters are most likely normal (an ophthalmologist can check them out for you) and your "OHL" most likely is not really oral hairy leukoplakia.

Question resubmitted as you asked. Please answer me Dr.
steriods and cocaine