Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

What would you do?
Aug 28, 2006

Dr. Bob, what would you do if you had an unprotected encounter with someone who was hiv positive and then you got severe acute symptoms 6 weeks later including an upper body rash and high fever? You then within a couple weeks got ohl and then you had vision problems from many floaters. You then tested negative after a year and a half past exposure but you still had the ohl and floaters. Would you really have peace of mind like you tell us to have even with these infections or would you still be worried sick like I am. I need your response. Please and thanks.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I, like any other person who has had to cope with the challenges of trying to survive HIV, would jump at the chance to have the peace of mind of knowing I was definitively HIV negative following a negative HIV test 1.5 years after a potential exposure.

Would I still be worried sick like you? No frigging way!

You are HIV negative. How you choose to live with that wonderful piece of information is up to you. Your floaters are most likely normal (an ophthalmologist can check them out for you) and your "OHL" most likely is not really oral hairy leukoplakia.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Question resubmitted as you asked. Please answer me Dr.
Next
steriods and cocaine

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.