Staying Alive! (no, not the song)

I was in the thick of AIDS rethinkers, denialists, dissidents for many years (whatever you want to call them). Like most groups, they are a fairly diverse. The HIV+ ones are similar to all HIV+s in that they are trying their best to stay alive. Often, they had friends who died while on HAART because of resistance problems, saw the defomities HIV drugs can cause, and met people who had been healthy 10 years or more on no drugs while HIV+. Naturally, they are confused. I hope doctors are more sensitive to this and take the time to explain many drugs are not as problematic as before. Sustiva and Truvada has served me well whereas Viramune and Combiver kicked me in the pants. As other views on HIV began to spread, compassionate messages are needed to target HIV+s and not the Duesbergs of the world.

The best term is "denialists."

Sure, I certainly understand complexities of this illness from both sides of the examination table; however, 25 years into the pandemic there is really no reason for anyone to be "confused" about the basic facts that HIV causes AIDS and that the miraculous decline in morbidity and mortality linked to potent anti-HIV therapy is a real phenomenon.

Compassionate, honest and scientific information is exactly what we (HIV specialists) strive to provide.

Unfortunately the denialists' theories are none of the above.

I'm glad you are doing well. Please enlighten others still trapped in the denialists' fog of dangerous misinformation.

hit me bobby one more time!!!
Question resubmitted as you asked. Please answer me Dr.