The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

two years yeast infection

Aug 25, 2006

I have chronic vaginal yeast infection for over two years.My doc.put me on diflucan many times but never worked for me.tick discharge disappear in few days,but there is constant white discharge with no smell.If i have regular sex three times a week symptom is under control,but if i do not tick discharge and itching comes back.Two weeks ago doc put me on metronidazole and did not help me.I am very scared what is it.Is it HIV.I never get tested for HIV becouse the only partner i have sex with is my husband.Nine years ago he hed unproticted sex and he tested twice NEGATIVE elisa.Last test was year ago.Are his tests accurate becouse he was on topical corticosteroids clobetasol for 5 years on his arms,constant use with just few days brake betwine treatments .He hes 4 small spot to treat.Would you tell me DO I NEED TO GET TESTED????? or his two tests are good.THANK YOU. I will send donation.

Response from Dr. Frascino


From the information provided, I would conclude your husband's tests are definitve, despite his topical corticosteroid use.

You should get tested if you've had any potential HIV exposures. I would not consider your husband to be a risk.

Continue to work closely with your OB/GYN doctor to address your vaginal complaints. (If you've had no potential HIV exposures, you should not fear getting an HIV test.)

Thanks for your donation (

Dr. Bob

Desperately need advice re: friend telling former lovers
Transmission Question

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint