Aug 25, 2006
Bravo doc, i think you are by far the most compationate HIv specialist on the market today. people should only be allowed to work at HIV testing centers if they have your heart.
Doctor, I had this fling once, the condom broke, but didnt notice it so i dont know how long i was unprotected. there was also some pretty bad chaffing on the head of my one eyes monster that scabbed the next day (very light and thin scab). i didnt feel anything wrong the next couple of days, or weeks, although i did get a cold (in hiv i know this is unrelated). the girl i slept with was tested a year before that and only had one unprotected encounter. I told her about my fears and told me to shut up because i was being paranoid. she had asked the other guy and he said he was clean (yet no proof of testing). none of us use drugs, were white, circumsized, middle social classed aged between 18 and 25 in north america. I've had these nodes around my neck. theyre all ranging from 0.3 to about 0.7 cm. except for 2 (one supraclavicular very mushy and the other occipital very hard) which are about 1.5cm. Although im not sure that the lump at the back of my neck is really a node or not as its not spherical like the others. the catch is the nodes seem to have appeared 3 months after exposure. i did have tonsilitis and strep throat, could all these lumph node around my throat be due to tonsilitis and strepthroat?. or are you leaning towards hiv? these nodes have been there for under 4 months. (i smoke yet im quitting, im down to 1 a day) Please answer i really need your words of wisdom. What are your thoughts on this. PS: my symptoms seem to have appeared 3 months after exposure(aka loose/watery stools, head aches(quite common for me), neck stiffness, easy bruising(i dont bruise easily). i mean both those 2 are in new relationships now. I know you might say if u were unprotected, get tested, but does this sound like somethings wrong with me, in particular hiv? Thanks a million
Response from Dr. Frascino
I'll be brief, because you already know everything I'm going to say:
1. The condom broke, so you need an HIV test three months or more after the incident, whether you have symptoms or not.
2. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting HIV disease.
3. Stop smoking.
4. As for leaning toward HIV or leaning toward tonsillitis, I'm not the Tower of Pisa. I don't lean. I merely advise what is logical and scientifically sound. And for that I refer you to #1 above. I will tell you the statistical odds are all in your favor, OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Licking Vagina Safe?
- Does HIV Cause Cold Feet?
- Can You Catch HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.