Aug 25, 2006
Dr F. That time again. My exposure was March 21. I took 28 of triple prophilaxis. At week 5 got symptomatic. In the clinic they ran Elisa and a viral load both NEG. Then again at 6, 9 12 weeks the antibodies were negative. At 18 weeks I used a Home Access kit, that I was told renders the same results as a clinic exam and was also negative. How do my odds look now ?.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Extremely positive, in the best sense of that word!
Good luck. You'll need a final confirmatory test at the six-month mark, but I'd say you can make the down payment on your WOO-HOO party without worrying you'll lose your deposit. OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Hair Loss After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.