Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

DOC SOS!!I REPEAT SOS..
Aug 25, 2006

Dear Dr.Robert,how are you? I am a 32 year old female of mixed italian origin.Yes I am pretty as they all say..But now am in a spot of bother,a serious one at that! Used to have a boyfriend a couple of years back,not seen him or heard from him for the last few months.Anyways,it was "unprotected"vaginal sex with him on ONE occasion i.e.one single episode without ejaculation for about 5 mins or so.He tested NEGATIVE FOR HIV 1AND2 9 days later. Then I enrolled at the local aerobics and got real close to the "really"cute instructor.In the next few weeks time we were dating,and then when we went on a long drive,ended up making love{unprotected vaginal sex}.for 5-7mins,and I very well remember there was no ejaculation.His Hiv status not known. It was a few months later that I relocated,as I would get placed in another town.Here again I fell for a slightly older coemploye.And yes Doc,another episode of unprotected vaginal sex,lasting 5 minutes.He would pull out and jerk off to ejaculate,essentially no ejaculation inside me.{unknown HIV status too}. I have since then realised that its not smart at all to be induling in such liaison.I know you are probably thinking that Iam rather a person of loose morals,......makes me feel utterly disgusted doc...utterly.. .2 months after the last episode,I developed smallish ,multiple ulcerations in my mouth.Went to the physician,he diagnosed the condition as "aphthous ulcerations",and put me on medication.A couple of days later I noticed a slightly greenish discharge from "below" lasted for 2 days.I simply could not muster up the courage to see the gyn.Dr.Bob, Iam now taking up the HIV test myself.Please Doc write back as early as possible and let me know if Iam DONE FOR. What is the outcome of the TEST gonna be?.....Oh god I am so damn disturbed......very nervous..very very nervous..

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Very, Very Nervous, but "Pretty as They All Say" Female of Mixed Italian Origin,

Your risk is three episodes of unprotected vaginal sex with three different partners. OK, so 1-2-3 times may not make you a lady (as the song goes), but it doesn't mean you're exactly a puttana either, OK? Sure, I absolutely agree you should use latex condoms. And now that you are experiencing this bout of anxiety over HIV testing, I bet you will never put yourself at unnecessary risk again, right????

The estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected receptive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 10 per 10,000 episodes. Your estimated risk would be even less because we don't know the status of your three lovers.

Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV disease.

As for "what is the outcome of the test gonna be???" That, unfortunately I cannot say, as I'm a doctor, not a bloody fortune teller!

My advice is simple:

1. Get tested three months or more after your last sexcapade.

2. Use latex condoms and water-based lube for all future sexual adventures to prevent every having to go through all this again.

3. Get counseling if your anxiety is getting out of control.

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
ITalian Model updates...
Next
HELP......Large donation on its way!!!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.