Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please help!! i will donate$
Aug 25, 2006

Hi Dr. Frascino. Im extremely worried about my situation. On July 13th I gave a guy quick oral services for about 15 to 20 seconds. He didnt cum at all but I had some of his pre-cum in my mouth. At about 2 days later I started felling nausea without vomiting and that lasted for about 2 weeks. And now I notice that my tongue has turned white and Im starting to get some body pains. And if that wasnt enough I found out that the guy I gave oral to was HIV +. Im extremely worried not only for myself but for my wife that has no ideal about my encounter, and I might have put her at risk also by having unprotected sex. Now she has experiences the same symptom I had at around the 2 day time frame. Please help me, I will donate $$$$$$$

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Take a read through the archives, as I've addressed questions similar to yours many, many times in the past. Briefly, oral sex carries only a very minimal risk for HIV transmission. Symptoms that begin two days after a potential exposure are not related to HIV. It takes weeks, not hours or days, for symptoms to appear.

If you are worried about your very negligible HIV risk, and clearly you are, I'd suggest you get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark to calm your unwarranted fears.

Thanks for your willingness to make a donation to help others in desperate need (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'll send my good-luck karma (although in reality I doubt you need it) that your definitive three-month test is negative.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Relieved
Next
ITalian Model updates...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.