Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Relieved
Aug 25, 2006

Hi Doc

I just want to tell you that you really are doing amazing work and you truly are an amazing person. It's been six months since my possible exposure. This was due to an episode of unprotected oral sex - sucking the shaft and tescticles of a guy that I don't even know, and he done the same to me. He also masturbated me until I came. Without your help & the useful information on this site and of course my faith in God, I would never have been able to take an HIV test. I have just taken a rapid test, and it show"s that I'm HIV negative. I'm so grateful & relived!! WhooooHooooo!!!!

I just want to thank you for helping me get the courage together to take the test.

I do believe that it's only by the grace of God that i'm OK, but you have been such a temendous help as well, with helping me combat my fears and giving me the courage to get tested, by answering all of these questions from people who are terrified of getting tested,like you do.

I just want all of the others who are reading these letters to know that they need to put their faith in our almighty God, and take the test. God never lets you down if you simply put your trust in him!!

All of those who are suffering from HIV will be in my prayers-always!!! I have learn't so much more about the disease over the past few months.

I know that God will bless you abundantly Dr Bob, for helping so many teriffied people every day. You are truly an Angel!!!

I will be making a donation soon doc, as I really want to help others!! Can an internet payment be made from S.A or how else can I possibly make a donation??

Please just tell me one thing - "how accurate are these rapid home tests that you can get from the Pharmacy, as I have done??" It's been six months, so can I accept that I am truly HIV negative and put an end to this??

God Bless You Dr Bob!!!!! I know he will!!!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Sorry, I have to take exception with some of your comments.

By advising everyone that all they need to do is "put their faith in Almighty God, and take the test. God never lets you down if you simply put your trust in him!" you are essentially accusing God of not caring for the over 40 million folks who did not test negative, like me, for instance. And I tend to doubt SHE will be pleased by your assertions. This is not a God-issue. It's a virus, plain and simple.

I fully realize that your comments were not meant as anything but encouragement, but that's not the way they will be perceived by many.

I'm delighted you were lucky enough (not blessed enough) to dodge the HIV bullet. I don't know exactly which test you took, so I can't really comment on exactly how accurate your specific test is. However, chances are that information is posted in the archives. Have a look.

Regarding donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, yes, credit card or PayPal donations from anywhere in the world are accepted. Other information about donating can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Stay safe and you'll stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
this is what big brothers are for (woohoo)
Next
please help!! i will donate$

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.