Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

All I really wanna wanna Do is A Woo Hoo HOO: Oral Debacle [CRACK Medical Doctor]
Aug 24, 2006

Dear Bob,

Fear of HIV is life changing, I d recommend everyone to just take pause and examine everything thats happened to them good and bad..and look at how they d wanna move forward...how do you live your life Bob?...how have you changed as a person since diagnosis?

I am awaiting the 3 month mark, went to see the neurologist today, he has requested an MRI but on examination everything normal...even have ankle jerks... Sadly I am still have burning pains all over my body that come and goes and is asymetrical...they are worse in the mornings and when I wear shoes

9 weeks post exposure, I am still left with burning pains all over...convinced I am hiv + from unprotected oral sex with cracks on my foreskin....was started on Gabapentin by neuro guy today for the burning pains all over.....

Post Exposure:

Week 3: HIV1& 2 -ve, p24 -ve

Week 6: HIV 1&2 -ve, p24 -ve, PCR Artus Kit (50 copies/ml) -Undetectable

Week 8: HIV 1&2 -ve , p24 -ve

Bob, I am convinced I am going to test positive in the next 3 weeks....my eye lashes have grown longer..its so long now..I can use a BARBIE COMB on it!, I have transient hypogonadism with slowing down of facial and pubic hair for 3 days at 3 weeks post exposure...now its back to normal..

My Ganga(Indian for Penis) takes on various sizes as the day goes on...its become very soft when before there was a bit more Ooomph! when it wasnt erect..rather turgid..now I have to wear a towel in the gym Changing room..., I have fasciculations all over my body that comes and goes and shifts all over the place....also wasting of various muscles... Help!...Bob...If I turn negative it will be a miracle.....A huge donation will be coming your way...cos ..your forum is just about the only thing thats been keeping me sane

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

How do I live my life and how has it changed since the virus found me??? I could (and almost did once) write a book on that subject. But actually George Bernard Shaw summed up my feelings and, in essence, my reality when he wrote:

"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one. The being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy . . . . Life is no brief candle for me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations."

-- George Bernard Shaw

You may be "convinced" you are going to test positive in the next three months. I, on the other had, am quite convinced you will not.

I'm not sure what other help I can offer you over the Internet, other than to tell you to read through the extensive archives. There you will find countless testimonials from other folks also "absolutely convinced" they were HIV positive only to eventually realize they were not. You'll eventually be added to that list. In the meantime, psychological counseling may help with your anxiety, as you wait through the window period, and with your unwarranted fears of being HIV positive.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
undetectable??Tested too late??
Next
Testing - technique flawed?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.