OraSure Rapid Test Nightmare

I just got tested with an OraSure HIV test kit this morning. It came back 'reactive' or positvive. They did a follow up blood test that will be back in a few days. I then went to another HIV clinic and they tested me again with the Syliva OraSure swab. This one came back negative or unractive for HIV. Now I am reading about all of the false positives with this test method (the syliva swab OraSure) and I see that some places have stoped useing this method. What do you think about one positive orasure test result and then one negative orasure result? I will not sleep till I get the blood work back in 5 days !!!

Help...

Here's the CliffNotes' version of how to interpret rapid test results. (You can read about this in greater detail in the archives, as I've addressed this topic many times.)

1. A negative test is considered to be definitive, unless it occurs within the window period, which is defined as the first three months following exposure.

2. A positive test anytime is considered to be a preliminarily positive result and needs to be confirmed with a Western Blot or IFA.

In your case, your negative test is most likely the more accurate result, as it would be considered definitive. Your positive result the same day would most likely be a false-positive. Your follow-up blood test should confirm this. Try not to worry. I'm quite certain you are not HIV "positvive!"

Asking for the Third time! Please Help me out
Thanks - You do great work