Bob Luvs Dubbya

Dr. Bob,

Who is GW Bush kiddingHe is not reading Albert Cumus, Bio about Lincoln or any other book. Remember, when he was running for president the first time (right before he lost and Katharine Harris and the Supreme Court gave it to him) he was ridiculously proud of the fact that he didnt READ anything. Remember that?

Next, get over yourself and your preconceived (very republican narrow minded I might add) opinion about Orlando and come see us! Yes, Jeb Bush and his oddly fat jaws is the Governor of our state. Believe it or not he is the smart one! I cant stand him but he does appear to string a group of English words together to make a sentence that most can understand. Unlike his older brother. Now, gather up your lover, pack your mosquito spray, load your gun and get your ass down here!

But the last time I was in Florida it seemed like the Twilight Zone. Everyone ate dinner at 3:15 in the afternoon. All purchases included some kind of coupon. Everyone talked about their own excellent dermatologist. The road construction projects never seemed to end anywhere in the entire state. And the cars in front of me frequently were driven by headless people.

OK, OK, I'll keep my eyes open for opportunities to visit you and Katherine Harris and Jeb, but only if I get a chance to meet hanging Chad. Deal?

Ever in Orlando

Hey Doc..I love your Hatred of GW Bush. I feel your pain and share your thoughts. Anyway, do you have any scheduled lectures or talks in Orlando Florida area? Actually Florida at all? Would love to attend, have you over for dinner with my love of 18 years and a cocktail. Nothing creepy, just great music, good food and fine vodka. Let me know. PS-Ok ok ok we can ge creepy if ya want Shhhh!

Hello Orlando-Guy,

Dubya is a piece of work, isn't he? "Strangely" enough, one of the books Dubya is reading on his summer vacation is "The Stranger" by Albert Camus. I find this highly ironic. After all, "The Stranger" is about an emotionally detached dude (named Meursault) who makes a slew of bad decisions and then preemptively kills an Arab in the desert sands without any remorse! The perfect book for Dubya!!!! Of course the real reason he's probably reading it is that he's still trying to fulfill his 9th grade reading-list requirements to get his high school equivalency diploma. The other book he's reading is a biography of Lincoln or as Dubya likes to call him, "That guy on the penny."

Checked my travel itinerary. No Orlando trips scheduled within the next six months. Generally speaking, Orlando tends to be a bit too Mickey Mouse for my tastes and, of course, you still have Goofy (Jeb) for a governor.

And what about the nutsy new gun law you guys have down there? It states you can use deadly force (i.e. guns) when a person doesn't want to back away form a confrontation! This is a far cry from the kill or be killed use of deadly force that's been on the books for years. The right to kill based on a perceived threat seems like you are reverting back to the Wild Wild West Cowboy days. I read a retired Florida cop shot his unarmed neighbor twice just because he knocked on his door in a dispute over the number of garbage bags put out for collection! The shooter will have a get-out-of-jail-free card with this new law! It's bizarre that Florida is giving this power to gun-crazed citizens, when even police can't wield lethal force without much more justification! So this Florida law fits right in with the gun lobby's equally indefensible push for a law, which has already passed in 38 states, that allows folks to carry concealed weapons. Apparently the Florida sentiment appears to be: what good is packing heat if it just stays in the holster?!? On the other hand, "great music, good food and fine vodka" plus getting "creepy"??? OK, I'm in. What time should I come over? Just be forewarned, I'll be packing!

Ciao for now, but see you soon.

Yawn!!!
Anemia and procrit