The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Just wanna make sure my doc is informed correctly

Aug 22, 2006

I posted You give courage!! I have one last question. I have to go for a follow up with my doc (the one confused about testing) and I just want to make sure that rapid test (finger prick) was enough after not being tested for so long(9 years post exposure)? I just don't want her to tell me I need some other test even though my rapid came back neg!!!WOOHOO!!! I am correct right??? Hiv doesn't hide or anything after certain # of years? Ok that's all. From now on all you'll be hearing from me is a check, monthly I might add. I didn't realize how much even just a little can help so many. God Bless you and your loved ones you deserve alot of respect and praise. Good luck with your foundation. I've never met you but consider you a friend. Thanks!!!!

Response from Dr. Frascino


Yes, a negative finger-prick rapid test would indeed be definitive and conclusive, even nine years after a potential exposure. Your WOO-HOO is indeed Dr. Bob-certified!

Thanks for your donations. Yes indeed, what many would consider to be a small gift can be lifesaving to those in desperate need. For instance, 85 cents is all it takes to treat an HIV-positive pregnant mother with an anti-retroviral drug to drastically reduce the chances she will pass the virus on to her unborn child.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Thanks a Ton
Fellatio, the PEP Treatment and Vomiting

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint