Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

i did somthing stupid and am a bit ashamed- please respond dr bob
Aug 22, 2006

dr bob i am a regular contributor (but i know that shouldnt matter) - i just want to praise you for your work whichis excellent

i did somthing really stupid i had one of those foil wrapped condoms and i had to tear it open before use. after sex i got scared that maybe there was a small hole from the tearing i didnt know about. so i got a differnet condom and poked a hole through the package with a pin and then took it out and did the water test to see if a small hole would create an obvious leak.

ok so here is where i am scared i am afraid that maybe i stuck a hole in two condoms and forgot about one of them and then later used it.

if there was a pin hole in a condom and i used it, would the hole become a big obvious hole during sex? if so i would have known if it was a holed condom. you always say that condom breakage is obvious but i wonder if it would be differnet given these circumstances.

i feel kind of ashamed of this so if you could respond i think i would feel better. thankyou so much -woopsidoodle

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey There Woopsidoodle,

Woopsidoodle?! Hmmm . . . cool moniker!

You are correct: when a condom fails, it generally fails very dramatically. Would your prick of a condom cause it to fail when it encountered your other prick? Most likely yes. I just did my own little clinical trial using my own equipment and my Mr. Happy popped right out of his raincoat. Now our "pricks" could have been of different sizes, so to speak, so I can't guarantee you would have the exact same results. But, all in all, I'd say your HIV risk remains negligible to nonexistent. OK?

As always, if you're concerned, you can always get a rapid test at the three-month mark to calm any residual fears.

In the future I suggest you only condom your prick rather than prick your condom, OK?

Stay well. Thanks for your donation.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Hiv and Anemia
Next
Couple (one +, one not!)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.