i did somthing stupid and am a bit ashamed- please respond dr bob

dr bob i am a regular contributor (but i know that shouldnt matter) - i just want to praise you for your work whichis excellent

i did somthing really stupid i had one of those foil wrapped condoms and i had to tear it open before use. after sex i got scared that maybe there was a small hole from the tearing i didnt know about. so i got a differnet condom and poked a hole through the package with a pin and then took it out and did the water test to see if a small hole would create an obvious leak.

ok so here is where i am scared i am afraid that maybe i stuck a hole in two condoms and forgot about one of them and then later used it.

if there was a pin hole in a condom and i used it, would the hole become a big obvious hole during sex? if so i would have known if it was a holed condom. you always say that condom breakage is obvious but i wonder if it would be differnet given these circumstances.

i feel kind of ashamed of this so if you could respond i think i would feel better. thankyou so much -woopsidoodle

Hey There Woopsidoodle,

Woopsidoodle?! Hmmm . . . cool moniker!

You are correct: when a condom fails, it generally fails very dramatically. Would your prick of a condom cause it to fail when it encountered your other prick? Most likely yes. I just did my own little clinical trial using my own equipment and my Mr. Happy popped right out of his raincoat. Now our "pricks" could have been of different sizes, so to speak, so I can't guarantee you would have the exact same results. But, all in all, I'd say your HIV risk remains negligible to nonexistent. OK?

As always, if you're concerned, you can always get a rapid test at the three-month mark to calm any residual fears.

In the future I suggest you only condom your prick rather than prick your condom, OK?

Stay well. Thanks for your donation.

Hiv and Anemia
Couple (one +, one not!)