washing macine condom still good????

Dear Dr.Bob

for starters I must say that I read every question anyone asks u because I think u might have to be 1 of the most down to earth people I have ever read about but lets talk about the question I had sex with this girl not too long ago and the first time we did it I used a condom that had been through the washing machine now at first I was sceptacle but after I put it on and examined it it was perfectly fine no wholes no tears so we did it I came inside her in the condom but all the semen was there when I took it off we had sex 2 more times after that which were both protected but she gave me unprotected oral sex she has recently been tested but i'm paranoid and I have had a stiff joint in my knee and elbow but I do play alot of basketball also a small rash like series of bumps has appeared on my hand and they itch and my neck is a little stiff and hurts sometimes what do u think if she was positive am I at risk another factor I forgot to put in is I had jock itch I think the same day we had sex the first time and one of my lymph nodes in my groin grew because of it with hiv or any other std would the lymph node go down after a week tell me what u think doc i'm 19 yrs of age and pretty much healthy

thanks alot kirk

Hey Kirk,

I agree sex is always cleaner with a packaged wiener . . . but condoms really don't need to be run through the Maytag before you shag. OK, rather than accuse you of being a Mr. Clean freak, I'll assume it was just an accident. (Didn't Mom teach you to check all your pockets before tossing them in the washing machine?) Although extremes of temperature can have a deleterious effect on latex, if your squeaky clean Trojan did not break during its tour of duty in the love canal, chances are you remained protected.

Your symptoms are not at all worrisome for or suggestive of HIV ARS or HIV disease.

If you are concerned, the option of getting an HIV test at the three-month mark is always open to you.

Finally, Kirk, did you happen to skip your grade school English classes when they taught punctuation? There are these really cool little symbols called periods, question marks, exclamation points, commas and stuff like that, which can be remarkably helpful in making sure your written thoughts are not misinterpreted. And should I even mention the use of upper case letters?

bewellstaywellgoodluckkirk

Are they forgetting us?
Hiv and Anemia