Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

FORM A ITALIAN GIRL - HELP ME PLEASE
Aug 22, 2006

Im so glad of you are there for all of us who are worried or infected by HIV virus.

Im writting becuse Im a 27 years old girl who had unprotected sex with a guy, i know its stupid but Ive been in love with him since ages and he never cared about me before but suddenly he did it almost 6 months ago, and I was so happy and impress...

After that I started to feel very sick I never imagined to be on risk with him, he is so handson and clever... But i wonder why did he had sex with me after long time and nly one night... Anyway I got tested 3,4,5 months after that day and all was negative. Im being seen by the psychiatrist becuase I tried to kill yself I felt so quilty, sad and depress Its unfare cozhe was the second guy I had sex with after my exboyfriend for 5 years I was 100 percent sure that Is infected because my body is diffrent Im very slim and I feel sick, I cant get it out of my mind. Ive got lots of information by internet and Im afraid cozI found out that people who has symptoms at the begining dead after 3 years

I need your sincerely answer urgently please.

God bless you and the good work you do!!!

A kiss from Italy

Response from Dr. Frascino

Buon giorno ragazza,

Your negative HIV tests at three, four and five months following your one night of passion with Mr. So-Handsome-and-Clever are absolutely definitive and conclusive. Even though the sex was unprotected, you did not contract HIV from this guy. No way. No how.

I'm sorry to hear that you attempted to take your own life as a consequence of this unfortunate event. I'm glad you are seeing a psychiatrist. You need ongoing help to conquer your feelings of guilt and depression. Your psychiatrist should also be helping you to accept the wonderful news that you did not contract HIV. Whatever is causing your symptoms, one thing is certain: it's not HIV! There is an excellent chance that your feeling sick and different is related to your anxiety and depression.

Why worry about information concerning HIV-positive folks who have early symptoms when you are not HIV positive? You need to come to grips with the reality that you are HIV negative.

Thanks for the kiss! I'm also sending one back to you as well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Diabetes and Hiv Testing!
Next
i am wondering....

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.