Diabetes and Hiv Testing!
Aug 22, 2006
Hi Dr. Bob,
I am sorry if this is the wrong site for this question, but I did not see where else on here to ask so here is my simple question: If you have diabetes or high blood sugar levels and you are unaware of it so you are not taking any meds for it, will it intefere with your Hiv antibody tests results causing a false test result. Thank you ahead of time for your answer.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Diabetes with or without elevated blood sugars will not affect the results of your HIV tests.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Am I Getting Herpes Outbreaks Every Few Weeks?
- What's The Difference Between Trichomoniasis And Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Incubation Period For Hpv?
- What Does Herpes Discharge Look Like?
- What Does Gonorrhea Discharge Look Like?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.