B19 question w/attaboy

Hello Dr. Frascino,

Like the church lady I am also a Christian but I happen to think that you are a heluva good guy. You have dedicated your life to noble work and you should be commended for it. It never ceases to amaze me how many zealots lose their zeal on the passage reminding us to "judge not lest ye be judged."

Sermons over onto the questions. I was wondering if you could tell me if you have ever heard of the B19 Parvovirus causing a false positive on the ELISA or Western Blot. If so, how long should you wait after that infection clears before getting the ELISA test done? Also I know you don't recommend PCR tests in asymptomatic people but I didn't ask for it my doctor did. It was run 3 weeks and 3 days following a fairly low risk needlestick (unknown HIV status insulin needle) and it showed undetected. I fully understand the need to followup at 13 weeks which is why I asked the initial question. Is this result at least encouraging or is it completely useless? I'm just trying to keep my sanity until the conclusive test date which is still a while off. Thanks in advance for your time and keep up the good work.

Also could you please tell me how to make a modest donation?

Thanks for your kind words and support, although I'll bet that other church lady is ready to have you excommunicated and branded a heathen just for being civil to me.

Parvovirus B19 will not affect ELISA or Western Blot test results. Your three-week undetectable PCR test is indeed encouraging but not definitive.

Can I tell you how to make a modest donation? Sure, that's easy. Just don't put a lot of zeros before the decimal point and your donation will remain modest.

As for information about making any sized donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, that can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. We accept credit cards, PayPal, checks, money orders, cash, direct wire transfers, appreciated securities, family jewels, gold teeth . . . whatever! Thank you for your willingness to help. Gifts of any size can turn despair into hope for those in dire need. In return I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive three-month test remains negative (as I strongly suspect it will).

Fellow Italian Stallion!
Bush and IRAQ!!