Thanks For Being There

Dear Bob Sir, This is my 4th mail to you in last 5days. I know you are a very busy man and very well appreciate the noble work you are doing helping people like us. I was totally ignorant about hiv until I started going through your website. As I told you in my earlier mail that I have started educating few of my friends too. We generally discuss this topic everyday. In my last discussion there was one doubt we all had. I tried to go through different links but didnt get a proper reply. My question was : Area around anus is considered the mucous membrane. I read that this area has very soft skin and so many times you have small cuts that are unnoticed. What if such cuts come in contact with a bleeding finger during an erotic massage. If the blood is infected will the virus be transferred to the person receiving a massage. In the above case I am talking about a basic massage where the finger is just touching the anus area and not inserted in the anus. Will be curiously waiting for your reply. We friends are collecting some funds for donation too. Though we dont get very high pocket money but we would definitely like to contribute for this noble cause. Regards, Kunal.

Hello Kural,

The area around the anus (without going inside the anal canal) is not a mucous membrane. There is no HIV risk from massaging this area.

Regarding cuts, if there is blood-to-blood transfer through open fresh wounds anywhere on the skin, then HIV transmission would be theoretically possible.

Regarding your specific erotic massage, you should stop worrying. There was no HIV risk.

cdc figures not scientificially based acc. hopkins institute
Only you can help dr.Bob There are no Good hiv doctors in Pakistan