Re: An Obie Update

Dr. Frascino,

I'm sending cash to your foundation tomorrow. But, I'd ask that you don't send a thank you letter back, because it's the least I can do and also because I don't need my parents asking me 1,000,000 questions.

I had bloodwork (CBC and such -- what the hell kind of school asks for that anyway?) done this past week for school, and the doc said everything looked fine (it's been 27 months since my indiscretion). My HbC count was high, so the doctor thought I was a smoker. I'm thinking it's because I was a bit dehydrated. I'm beginning to think that you're right and that there's really nothing wrong with me. So, whether my fever was 6 hours or 22 hours, I'm just going to have to accept that tylenol and sleep couldn't get rid of ARS fever that quickly.

Once again, thank you for helping me stand on my own again.

I do feel as though this cause is one that I should fight for now. However, I get uncomfortable and nervous talking about it as it hits so close to home.

Lastly, my friend went to his girlfriend's house in PA a few weeks ago and met a family friend of her's named Dr. Bob. Apparently, this man was a really pretentious asshole. That couldn't have been THIS Dr. Bob, right?

You hear it all the time, but I do admire you.

Hey Obie,

"I'm beginning to think that you're right and that there's really nothing wrong with me." "Beginning to think . . ."????? Aren't Obies supposed to be a bit quicker on the uptake??? OK, I won't give you a hard time today. Especially because you are indeed beginning to see things a bit more clearly. Not every headache is a brain tumor; not every transient temperature elevation is HIV ARS and not every Jeepers Creepers sequel is worth seeing.

As for the "pretentious asshole" Dr. Bob that was at your girlfriend's home in Palo Alto a few weeks ago, your presumption was correct. It was not "this Dr. Bob." This Dr. Bob was in Southern France at that time. Did this character really refer to himself as "Dr. Bob"? I reserve that title exclusively for this cyber-advice forum. Anyone who uses that moniker in public is usually 1) a chiropractor (who wishes he were a "real" doctor), 2) a vet or 3) a pretentious asshole.

Thanks for the donation, Obie-Guy. Include a note that you don't want to receive an acknowledgement/thank-you letter when you send your gift and, of course, we'll be happy to comply with your request. (Or if you already sent it without any specific instructions, just leave me a message at the Foundation's office at 650-917-1357 or drop us an email at frascinoaidsfound@sbcglobal.net.)

Good luck in graduate school. Don't forget to stay in touch with Oberlin. And most important of all, remember you are "fearless," OK?

Be well. Stay well.

Scared of False Positive
Dedication to Dr. Bob "Just for You"