YOU HAVE HEARD FROM HER NOW HEAR FROM ME!!!

this is my first time here. my spouse has written many times before and i guess you have been very kind. here is our problem. or should i say her problem. she was potentially exposed unprotected sex over 9 months ago. she has had many test, for HIV 1&2 she says she has had as many as 12 tests done up to 7 months after her encounter. with the last test done at 7 months. she had also been tested for everything else hepatitis tests done 4 times, all other std many times as well. she is not convinced. i am. she will not make love to me even though the doctors have said she is fine. she says they missed something, or she is a late seroconverter. our marriage is on the rocks because of her inability to believe the tests. im very worried about her and we both want to move ahead with our lives. she wants to take more tests again. please help me im at my wits end with her. can people after all of this testing be HIV positive or have hepatitis and not show up on the test. she says they can. she says she is sick, sore throat, aches and pains, diar., rash, headaches. i think it is stress. i just dont know where else to turn. and yes she is seeing a psychologist and it is not getting better! i want her to see this and believe in the tests and believe you. she has even talked about making an appointment at your facility just to hear YOU say everything is ok. do people become "obsessed" with these disease's. i know she put herself at risk but from what ive heard from the doctors having tests done out to 7 months is as you put it "conclusive" thank you for your time.

Can people become "obsessed with HIV???" Absofrickinlutely. Just take a casual read through the archives and see what I mean.

The facts in your wife's case are clear:

1. She had a potential exposure nine months ago.

2. She's had way too many HIV tests out to seven months, all of which have been negative.

3. Despite excessive testing 12 HIV-1 and HIV-2 negative tests out to 7 months she "is not convinced" and continues to perseverate on the possibility of HIV disease. Despite overwhelming evidence she is HIV negative, she is having trouble believing she dodged the HIV bullet.

4. Her visits to a psychologist haven't been helping.

There is absolutely no doubt that HIV is not your wife's problem. No way. No how. Rather, her problem is one of irrational and completely unwarranted fear of HIV (and hepatitis), despite incontrovertible evidence she is HIV and hepatitis negative. I absolutely agree her symptoms are most likely psychosomatic. Since here visits to the psychologist haven't been helping, I would suggest she see a psychiatrist for a more intensive evaluation and treatment plan. Bring a copy of this post and my response and show it to the psychiatrist. It will help focus her treatment. Your wife is not HIV infected, but she is indeed ill. Things can and will get better with proper treatment.

Good luck to you both.

HELP! I cant find the answers in the forum!
HIV/AIDS Conference in Toronto & Irrational Fears