Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

oberlin girl wants to help!
Aug 20, 2006

dr. bob, i'm a current oberlin student and a big fan of your work. i just wanted to let you know that i hope to do a benefit for your foundation on campus this fall (performances, drinks, good fun...) you make oberlin kids, especially me, very proud...

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Obie-Gal,

Thanks for your support. I'm quite confident Oberlin will be "fearless" in its newly regalvanized HIV/AIDS program. I'm delighted to be part of it. The grant my foundation awarded Oberlin College this year supported three primary activities: speakers; a photographic exhibit, "Focus on Living: Portraits of Americans with HIV and AIDS," and the development and production of a safer-sex pamphlet and safer-sex kits for entering first-year students. The project was directed by Lori Morgan Flood, Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Health and Life Skills.

In addition my life partner Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in the Tratamientos forum here on The Body) and I brought the AIDS Memorial Quilt to campus for a series of events, including an AIDS awareness guest-artist concert by renowned pianist Barbara Nissman and a lecture presented by Steve and me entitled "Life. Love. Sex. AIDS. And Other Unscheduled Events: A Personal View of HIV/AIDS from Both Sides of the Examination Table."

We hope to expand the entire program this year. I'll be on campus next month to discuss projects for the coming year. If you'd like to get involved, we could always use additional help. Just contact Lori Flood and advise her Dr. Bob sent you! One idea is to coordinate something around World AIDS Day (December 1). I would also like to institute rapid testing on campus, so that folks could get their test results within 20 minutes. And I have some great ideas for performances, using both on-campus talent and guest artists.

Enjoy your time in Obie-Land. It vanishes all too quickly.

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
SO confused !!!! HELP!!!
Next
HELP! I cant find the answers in the forum!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.