oberlin girl wants to help!

dr. bob, i'm a current oberlin student and a big fan of your work. i just wanted to let you know that i hope to do a benefit for your foundation on campus this fall (performances, drinks, good fun...) you make oberlin kids, especially me, very proud...

Hi Obie-Gal,

Thanks for your support. I'm quite confident Oberlin will be "fearless" in its newly regalvanized HIV/AIDS program. I'm delighted to be part of it. The grant my foundation awarded Oberlin College this year supported three primary activities: speakers; a photographic exhibit, "Focus on Living: Portraits of Americans with HIV and AIDS," and the development and production of a safer-sex pamphlet and safer-sex kits for entering first-year students. The project was directed by Lori Morgan Flood, Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Health and Life Skills.

In addition my life partner Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in the Tratamientos forum here on The Body) and I brought the AIDS Memorial Quilt to campus for a series of events, including an AIDS awareness guest-artist concert by renowned pianist Barbara Nissman and a lecture presented by Steve and me entitled "Life. Love. Sex. AIDS. And Other Unscheduled Events: A Personal View of HIV/AIDS from Both Sides of the Examination Table."

We hope to expand the entire program this year. I'll be on campus next month to discuss projects for the coming year. If you'd like to get involved, we could always use additional help. Just contact Lori Flood and advise her Dr. Bob sent you! One idea is to coordinate something around World AIDS Day (December 1). I would also like to institute rapid testing on campus, so that folks could get their test results within 20 minutes. And I have some great ideas for performances, using both on-campus talent and guest artists.

Enjoy your time in Obie-Land. It vanishes all too quickly.

Be well.

SO confused !!!! HELP!!!
HELP! I cant find the answers in the forum!