SO confused !!!! HELP!!!

in 96 I was tested neg 9 months after exposure.No risky behavior during that time. In 04 my husband was tested for his life insurance and his results were neg as well. 2 weeks ago I got bv which required antibiotics. The antibiotics gave me horrible side effects including oral thrush. I started getting anxious because I've never reated to antibiotics before.SO I asked my doc a few days ago if we should be tested again. She said women should be tested 3 yrs after exposure and men take even longer to show antibodies. This made me feel as though our results were wrong. My husband and I have been faithful to eachother .But now I'm feeling scared we might not really be negetive. HELP! SO SCARED! p.s I really like this website you are doing great things I will be making a donation.

I'm not sure where your doctor is getting his or her information, but it is not accurate.

Your negative HIV test in 1996, a full nine months after your last exposure, is definitive and conclusive. No ifs, ands or buts. Your husband's negative test in '04 would also be considered conclusive, unless he tested within the three-month window period.

The information about men taking longer than woman to show antibodies is pure nonsense, as is that doctor's advice that women need to test three years after exposure. You might want to consider getting a more competent physician if this is the type of misinformation and scare tactics your guy is doling out.

You have absolutely no reason to unearth your HIV fears. Your results were not wrong. Your doctor is!

Getting thrush secondary to antibiotics is a common phenomenon and has absolutely nothing to do with HIV.

Thanks for your donation.

Stay well. Beware of that other doctor's advice!

I'm here if you need me.

please help
oberlin girl wants to help!