3 questions, 3 donations & No answer, exposure to HIV at orphanage in Zambia / Africa. Please help.

This is my 3rd question, please answer me, i feel suicidal, i have sent 3 donations with each question!

I was exposed to HIV from the blood of a person with HIV at an orphanage in africa. I have just had my results back from a Proviral DNA/RNA check 12 days after exposure which came back negative.

I am scheduled to have a further p24 antigen test for hiv1 and hiv2 next week.

I know you may think you have already answered this question in the archives but i cant find it and i soooo need your help! i feel like dying and your my only hope for help!

1)is the proviral accurate and does this rule me out of having hiv1?

2)if the p24 antigen test comes back negative for hiv1 and hiv2 next week how confident can i be that i do not have hiv?

Please please help doctor, i am going through all of this from helping others, i would really appreciate your help.

dying in anticipation

ME

1. I do not recommend PCR testing for routine HIV screening, due to cost and the possibility of false-positive tests. Certainly your negative test at 12 days is encouraging, but it does not definitively rule out HIV infection.

2. If your p24 antigen comes back negative next week, as I strongly suspect it will, this too will be an encouraging piece of news, but it also is not definitive or conclusive.

Although I certainly understand the anxiety surrounding an HIV exposure, the best and most reliable/definitive assay remains an HIV-antibody test (ELISA or equivalent) at the three-month mark. Yes, indeed, this information is repeatedly available in the archives, but as I stated above, I'm also painfully aware of just how stressful the window period can be. I've not only comforted many patients through this, but lived it myself.

Thank you for your donations. Please note the odds are all in your favor. I'll send my very best good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive HIV test remains negative, as I very strongly suspect it will!

Contact with HIV blood on skin
Viral load