NEEDLE STICK

I was giving my partner a fuzeion injection. I pulled the needle out and was re-capping ( i know now not to do that. There was blood on the needle but it pierced the cap and stuck my index finger. His viral load is undectible and his t cell count is over 500. DO I need to worry.

That the needle had to pierce the cap before getting to you plus that fact your boyfriend's plasma viral load is undetectable would both decrease your chances of acquiring HIV from this exposure. However, I really can't evaluate how significant a stick you received with only limited information over the Internet. If the needle did puncture your skin, there is a possibility you could contract HIV. Statistical odds for occupational needle injuries are approximately 0.3%. PEP may well be warranted. I suggest you contract your partner's HIV specialist immediately. He'll evaluate the severity of your needle-stick exposure and prescribe PEP if warranted.

Good luck!

Testing
Afriad of my questions?