Cure in Mumbai, India
Aug 19, 2006
Dear Dr Bob
It is rumoured that Bombay Hospital in India has "cured" patients suffering from HIV. Could you confirm if this is true? I have a friend in Hong Kong who has been struck down by this aweful disease and would gladly pay to get him to Mumbai and have him cured. If you are unaware of this 'cure' would you be able to check it out for us? Thanks G
Response from Dr. Frascino
"It is rumored that Bombay Hospital in India has 'cured' patients suffering form HIV?????" Hmmm . . . yep, that would at best be a rumor, and unfortunately, like most rumors, is completely untrue. I'd suggest your friend get hooked up with a competent and compassionate HIV specialist without delay. Rumored cures are not the answer!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Anal Sex?
- Purple Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sore On Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.