"This is the business we've chosen" ""leave the gun -take the cannolis" part 2

Hey Doc, You helped me get through a rough period a few years ago and I pray that your Cosmic Karma does it again. I screwed up again> Last time it was oral. I got through it and ALWAYS use condoms. BUT I was with an escort today and the condom she provided broke while I was in the act of insertive vaginal fun. Well it is not fun that I was in her for a couple of minutes before I realized it. I pulled out washed up and went to an id specialist. I asked for and received pep 3 hours from incident. Combivir and Viracept. Anyway can you answer my questions as I haven't been able to find an exact match in the archives. (yes I did do my homework BEFORE I emailed you).

1) My chance of infection is 1 in 2000 if she was infected. If I can complete the pep (28 days) would my chances be like 1 in 10000 (1/2000 reduced by 80%)??????? roughly

2) I know the 3 month and 6 month testing window but if I did test for a "so far so good" say 6 week test ( yes i know it is not definitive and I will retest) would pep delay antibody production????

3)can some of the side effects of these 2 drugs feel like seroconversion illness?? IE: nausea, vomiting etc. Is there anyway to ditinguish between side effects and seroconversion illness and (NOT be frightened by feeling nauseous or vomiting) in the next 2 weeks??

4) How does it feel to be such a great role model and comforter to scores of nervous nellies like me.

4) do you think they should make a Godfather 4- I do.

I will- as I have done in the past- donate the cost of my home access tests to your foundation.

Thank You for being you!!

"Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in!" So just when I thought we were through with your problems and could sit back and enjoy the cannolis, here we are again!?! OK, here are your brief answers:

1. PEP decreases your chances, but there is no statistical estimate as to how much, as there are way too many variables to calculate.

2. A six-week negative test would at best be encouraging. You'll still need post-PEP follow-up tests per the guidelines.

3. Yes, the symptoms you describe can be related to Combivir and Viracept. Talk to your HIV specialist about your symptoms. He should be able to evaluate what's going on and make any changes that are necessary. (I generally would not pick Combivir and Viracept as my first choice for PEP because of the side effect profile of this combination.)

4. Even Nervous Nellies need love and support.

5. Nah, why mess with perfection?

Thanks for your donation. I'll send my best good-luck/good-health karma (and some cannolis, of course) in return.

Good luck! Ciao!

Very quck question - looking for a very quick answer please!
p24 antigen test