5-6 week joint pain

Hi Dr. Bob,

I've been looking at your archives for a while now and have been very reassured by them. One quick question though: Could you get infected from removing a condom and getting fluid on the end of your urethra? I understand from reading many posts that I had a very low risk encounter with a sex worker, that was protected oral and vaginal, and tested negative at 26 days with Oraquick. And I know symptoms should not be taken too seriously, but I'm getting a lot of joint pain, especially in my knees after sitting for a while. I'm only 24, so I don't know why I would get this type of pain. This is in addition to swollen/tender lymph nodes in my neck and groin since the 2 week mark. I've also had a lot of headaches. I was starting to feel better about this situation but this joint pain is making me worried again. Should I be concerned at all? Thank you for providing this service. When I get a job, I'll be sure to donate to your foundation. I want to do this to help others who are in need, not because of your answer of possible lack thereof. Thanks again.

The chances of getting HIV infected while removing a condom are essentially nonexistent. Your 26-day negative OraQuick is encouraging, but not diagnostic. (Tests taken before the three-month mark are not considered to be conclusive.) Your symptoms are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV ARS. If your joints are bothering you, see your doctor for a checkup! This is not related to HIV.

The WOO-HOO heard 'round the world
Drunken state and mind gap