Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

The WOO-HOO heard 'round the world
Aug 19, 2006

I've been an avid reader of this forum for three years. During that time, I've been on a sexual binge, and each time I binged, I'd read the forum to check my behavior against the responses from the wonderful Dr. Frascino. I'm a man who's had sex with over 350 other men the past few years, the vast majority of whom I met online or in parks or bathhouses or just walking down the street in countries from the U.S. to Australia to France(I'm a very attractive guy, I might add, so I don't have much trouble getting what I want...) I have a few hard and fast rules: no drugs ever, always use condoms from start to finish, never swallow cum (in fact, always use a condom when sucking, except for those you just can't resist and which don't have any suspicious cuts or marks) and, last but not least, rim and get rimmed all you want (because I got my Hep shots). Despite all this, I was terrified the entire time I was HIV+. I thought, "how can you have sex with 300 strangers and NOT be HIV+? Every month I told myself I'd get tested, and every month I chickened out. Until this month. I just got my tests back, and I'm negative! So I'm writing to let people know that condoms DO work, and that if you follow a few simple rules, you'll be fine. Thank you for all your great work, Dr. F. You're an inspiration to everyone, and I have to say that, if it did turn out I was poz, I'd have been comforted by your example.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I'm glad we can now add your personal experience to what medical science has been saying for years. HIV cannot permeate across intact latex. No way. No how! Yes, condoms, when properly used, do indeed work!

Congratulations on your negative test. WOO-HOO!

As for "I'm a very attractive guy . . . ," isn't that for others to decide??? Personally knowing the U.S., Australia and France all very, very well, I don't think it's really all that difficult to find 350 guys who are ready, willing and able to pop a load of baby batter on a moments notice.

Stay well you handsome studmuffin you.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Made donation just now
Next
5-6 week joint pain

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.