Thanks and sorry!!!

I just want to say thanks for answering a few of my posts in the past few months. I also want to say I'm sorry.

I imagine you get 1000's of email everyday, many of them from people who don't have access to the facts and need them the most.

I also believe that much of your email is from dipshits like me who are in a relationship with someone they love and care about, but still give in to lust in a moment of weakness--even though they know better, leading to countless hours, weeks and months of worry and OCD that they have exposed themselves and their (often unknowning) significant other to some kind of STD.

So, despite knowing the facts,despite knowing that cheating is wrong, they/we come to you after the fact looking for reassurance that everything will be ok, even though they/we already know the facts and that our exposures were low risk in the first place.

I came clean with my wonderful wife, who forgave me, and this ordeal has actually made us stronger. I will never stray again!

We all get tempted by lust, but I've learned the hard way that what you would do unto another will only hurt you and your siginicant other(if you truly love them), so just do it unto yourself if the feeling is too overwhelming or even better, take that passion home and do it with the one you love.

I've tried to make something good out of my experience. I've definitely become a more compassionate person again, in many ways from learning about and seeing your work here at the body. You're a great person, Bob. You have inspired me to be a better person! You are a man of many talents--you speak French, you're a concert pianist AND an MD in a specialized area--three things most of us can never do or be AND you are a caring person who uses theses talents to help others as you yourself are HIV+, which sadly makes other HIVers lose their will to live.

I regret that we may never meet in person due to geographical differences, but you have definitely touched my life. I can honestly say I am a better person for knowing you, even if only through the web.

E.

Hello E,

Thank you for your thoughtful and compassionate message. It's always comforting to know that the hours I spend every day reading through the ever-increasing number of questions that stream incessantly into my inbox and responding to as many as I possibly can is effort that actually has a beneficial effect. I sometimes wonder, as I type these responses and send them into cyberspace, whether anyone is there to read my response on the other side of the cyber-galaxy. Getting messages like yours reassures me I am indeed connecting with folks other than rightwing religious wingnuts who remain convinced we're just one Armageddon away form eternal damnation.

No need for any apologies. I'm here to help anyone who could benefit from my services. I'm delighted your story has a happily-ever-after ending! WOO-HOO! Kudos to you for leveling with your wife and BRAVO to her for accepting your apology. I absolutely agree that relationships that work through challenges, rather than ignoring or hiding from them, are immeasurably strengthened. Your post will serve to enlighten and empower others who find themselves in similar situations. Thank you for taking the time to write in.

May you and your wife be blessed with excellent health, contentment and peace.

The Whole Story
re: symptoms do mean pos..