Testing after 3 months?

I really need your help.

I tested negative with an ELISA test at 15 weeks. At 6 weeks, I also had a PCR test done. Everything is negative.

My exposure was high-risk. I made a huge mistake, and I met up with a guy I didn't really know, and very briefly, I was having receptive anal intercourse.

I plan on getting tested at 6 months, but I'm still very scared even though everything so far has been negative. Should I still be scared? Or am I worrying too much at this point, and it's very unlikely? I'm still having a hard time going any real length of time without this being on my mind.

Thankyou for your time.

I agree that hooking up for unprotected backdoor action with someone you don't know is not exactly a decision that shows great wisdom and forethought, but try not to be too hard on yourself. We're all human. We all make mistakes. Yes, even yours truly! The important thing is to recognize those mistakes, accept the consequences of our actions and, most importantly, learn from our indiscretions.

Your results so far negative PCR at six weeks and negative ELISA at 15 weeks would, in my opinion, certify that you are HIV negative. If you want to get a confirmatory six-month test, that option is always available to you. However, based on your risk of unprotected (I'm assuming this episode was unprotected; otherwise you wouldn't have cause for worry.) receptive anal sex with a partner whose status is unknown and on having the negative tests described above, your chances of having contracted HIV form this episode are essentially nonexistent.

So are you worrying too much at this point? Absofrickinlutely!

You are an abomination
The Whole Story