$500 donation promised! Please answer Dr.Bob!

Dear Dr. Bob,

I want to thank you for all your work. It is greatly appreciated. I made a promise to myself that I will donate $1000 over the next year to HIV prevention programs if I tested negative. Here is my story...please let me know what you think!

1 year after possible exposure I tested negative with the Orasure Rapid test. However, at the time I was using Nasacort AQ (2 sprays/nostril/day) and had been daily for 9 months. I was also taking 500 mg of Levaquin for 14 days for a bacterial infection. I read on the site that the use of corticosteroids can affect results. My question is: Would the use of either of these products affect my result? Should I be retested? Please respond! I promise the donation!!! Thank you so much. God bless you.

Neither your Nasacort nor your Levaquin would affect your body's ability to make anti-HIV antibodies, the duration of the window period or the results of any HIV tests. In other words, shout WOO-HOO! You're definitively and conclusively HIV negative. Congratulations!!!!

Thanks for your donation to help others in desperate need that were not so fortunate in dodging the HIV bullet. Your one gift will touch many lives and your generosity and compassion are warmly appreciated!

Stay well.

How come you're not at the World AIDS Conference in Toronto?
Late servo?