Chance of HIV in swallowing urine
Aug 16, 2006
My new girlfriend urinated in my mouth during orgasm. I ended up swallowing some. We have been practicing safe sex and not exchanging fluinds. Any chance of STD's from this?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Urine is a sterile fluid and therefore not a risk for STDs, including HIV, unless it contains visible blood.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is A Good Viral Load And T-cell Count For Someone With Hiv?
- Can You Be A Registered Nurse If You Are Hiv Positive?
- If A Man Is Infected With Hiv Can He Pass It On To His Unborn Child?
- Will My Hair Grow Back After Syphilis Treatment?
- What Do I Do When My Shingles Start To Scab?
- What Can I Use To Stop Itching From Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.