Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Pregnancy from Masturbation
Aug 16, 2006

Hello,

I have been making a very strong effort to stop my seemingly permanent habit of masturbation. I am 18 years old and have a little sister who is seven.

It has recently occured to me that somehow my little sister could become pregnant from my masturbating. For instance, she could touch one of my clothes that has sperm on it. Or, she could decide to get in my bed the day after I've masturbated. These scenarios really, really frighten me. Here is another possibility that bothers me: suppose my sister uses the toilet after I have just urinated in it. Is there sperm in my pee after I've masturbated that could impregnate my little seven year old sister?

I'm worried for her, and worried about the disgusting possibility of her becoming pregnant.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I'll bet your school doesn't have sex education classes, does it? No, I didn't think so. Because if it did (and it should!), you would have learned these facts:

1. Masturbation is normal and there is no reason to stop.

2. Your "spank the monkey" activities cannot get your sister or anyone else pregnant. You don't get pregnant by touching clothes that have sperm on them or toilet water, even if there is sperm in it!

3. It's physiologically impossible for a seven-year-old to become pregnant. She isn't old enough to begin ovulating yet!

At 18, it's surprising and a bit alarming you do not have a rudimentary knowledge of human sexuality. Were you home-schooled per chance? Come from a very religious family? I would suggest you spend some time reviewing the information on this Web site and related links pertaining to masturbation, pregnancy and the basics of human sexuality. You have quite a bit of catching up to do!

(Forum readers, here we have yet another example of why we all need to advocate for age-appropriate sex education in our schools!!)

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV+ wants baby
Next
enough testing ?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.