hiv morning after treatment-pls respond quickly

I had receptive anal intercourse with a high risk person. We used a latex condom from beginning to end and after he came, i removed the condom from his penis. The condom did not slip or break and his penis was fully covered by the condom upon termination. Feeling a little nervous, the next morning I filled the condom he had used thenight before with water and noticed his sperm float up, but the condom had no leaks after one hour of suspension over a napkin. I read on a CDC report that condoms were effective "85%" of the time. Do you think I could be at risk and if so should I consider the "morning after" treatment which I read is good for up to 72 hrs- at this point it is two days since we had sex so i would have to act today. Please advise!

I am also making a contribution to you charity- thanks for your great work.

"One hour of suspension over a napkin . . . " and you're still worried about the integrity of that condom??? Relax, Max. I do not believe you are at any risk for HIV. Let me clear up a few points:

1. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how.

2. When a condom fails it is not a subtle event. It tears dramatically and your one-eyed monster comes popping through like your head pops through when you pull on a turtleneck sweater.

3. "Morning after" isn't the best terminology to use. Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) is more accurate. It involves taking a combination of potent antiretroviral drugs for a full 28 days. It's most effective if begun as soon as possible after the exposure. Starting it beyond 72 hours is not recommended.

4. Based on what you've written, you followed all the safer sex guidelines and then took the added precaution of suspending the water-filled condom over a napkin for an hour. PEP is certainly not warranted. Rather I'd suggest you spend some time reading the information on this site related to HIV prevention and PEP.

Stay safe. Stay well.

causes of hiv negative test result?
HIV+ wants baby