Home Access Test 12 weeks, can I Woo Hoo or What? Or possible HIV 2! I will donate $$$$$$$$$$

I recently had a real good scare. Had about a minute of unprotected intercourse with a stripper were the condom failed. For the next 2 weeks I stressed like I never did before. At 12 days I took a qualatative DNA-PCR test which came back negative well 9 days later I had 4 nights of sweats but no fever, I had a tight feeling that would come and go in my neck and a head ache on those four mornings of the night sweats. I also had this sharp pain on my left side when I ran that I had never felt before. No fever or fatigue though. Well all my anxiety came right back in no time flat. The night before I had the night sweats me and my wife had sex, what scares me is that we used protection but when putting the condom on she put it on back ward first possibly getting some pre cum on it before she put it on right. Well 2 weeks to the day she gets these big red raised spots on her chest that last for 2 weeks, she insist it was a combo of tanning and sun exposure for the first time. But to go along with that she seemed fatigued and seemed to lose some weight as well. So I decieded to retest at 12 weeks, and by this time I had convinced my self of being positive but to my surprise my FDA Home ACCESS test came back negative. Can this be right, I am having trouble with my negative results. Do I need to retest or is 12 week home access test reliable. I know my risk was low considering the short period of time I was exposed but I am having trouble believing the results they seem to good to be true. And if you would could you explain to me the testing method they use. How to they test blood on a sliver of paper, is it really 99% accurate or am I that 1% I began having unprotected sex again with my wife so I am kind of feeling guilty again.. Thanks Doc.....

The information you request is well covered in the archives; consequently, I'll only comment briefly and refer you there for additional information, OK?

1. Your HIV risk is relatively low, but not completely nonexistent.

2. I would consider your 12-week negative Home Access test to be conclusive and definitive.

3. Neither your nor your wife's symptoms are suggestive of or worrisome for HIV ARS or HIV disease.

4. Home Access uses a double EIA (enzyme immunoassay) with a confirmatory IFA (immunofluorescence assay). Sensitivity and specificity approach 100%.

5. I do not believe HIV-2 testing is warranted, but it is available if you desire it. OraQuick rapid tests screen for both HIV-1 and HIV-2 and give accurate results within 20 minutes.

6. Your problem is not HIV. No way. No how. Rather, I believe your main problem is guilt and irrational HIV fear. I suggest, if you have not already done so, that you confront your guilt issues by leveling with your wife. If your unwarranted fears persist despite incontrovertible evidence that you do not have HIV, counseling would be recommended.

7. Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). Congratulations on dodging the HIV bullet! Stay safe to stay well.

Good luck!

Thank You!!!!!
Welcome back Dear Doc and Thanks (From your Egyptian friend)