Unprotected sex and HIV treatment

I WAS DIAGONSED+ IN 2000,AND MY HUBBY WAS -,SO SINCE THEN I HAVENT BEEN TAKING THE DRUGS BUT I FEEL NOW I NEED TO START ON THE TREATMENT BECAUSE OF MY WEAK IMMUNE,WONT THE DRUGS BE HARMFUL TO MY HUSBAND AS WE DONT USE PROTECTION AT ALL.

WORRIED ABOUT MY HUBBY FROM SOUTHAFRICA

If indeed you are worried about your hubby, here is what I would suggest:

1. Seek the care of an HIV specialist to monitor and treat your HIV infection.

2. Use latex condoms each and every time you have sex to prevent transmitting HIV to your hubby and to protect yourself from STDs.

3. Spend some time learning the basic facts about HIV, including prevention, transmission and treatment. Begin with the information that can be easily accessed on The Body's homepage under "Quick Links."

4. Your hubby needs to be HIV tested now and again at three and six months, if he is still HIV negative.

Finally, to answer your question, if indeed you need and begin taking anti-HIV medications, these would not be harmful to your hubby. However, not using protection is definitely potentially very harmful to him. Worry in this regard is indeed warranted! Stop placing your husband at risk!

Matter of Money
cmia vs elisa