|NOT in your webesite. Prox. Subungual Onychomyc.
Aug 15, 2006
Before asking this question, I searched all Thebody website. I have in my right toe nail something identical to a Proximal Subungual Onychomycosis. I have searched all the photos and sites on internet and it is identical. I hit my foot agains the wall like 3 months ago.I always have used condoms during my 10 years of sex. activity but 3 times. I have no other symptomps at all. I have tried to find at which state of infection this Proximal Subungual Onychomycosis can/may occur but haven't gotten any asnwers. Is this by itself a symptom of AIDS or HIV? At which state of infection does it appear? Until now, it is only on the toenail I hit. I AM TERRIFIED> PLease give me th address of your foundation and i will make a donation for it. I despertaely need your help.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
You're "TERRIFIED" because of a funky toenail??? Gosh, I'd hate to see what would happen if you were to get a hemorrhoid! Dude, get a grip! Nail fungus is an incredibly common condition. Haven't you seen those annoying Lamisil commercials on TV with that disgusting little green cartoon creature that dives under toenails??? The vast majority of nail fungus (onychomycosis) has absolutely nothing to do with HIV. So stop freaking out, OK?
My advice is as simple as 1-2-3!
1. If you've had unprotected sex and are worried about HIV exposure, get an HIV screening test. Rapid tests give accurate results in 20 minutes!
2. If you have a toenail fungus, see your doctor. He'll prescribe Lamisil or something similar and within a few months, your funky nail will improve.
3. Stop freaking out!
The address of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation is:
1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024
Good luck. Stay well. Stay safe.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What To Look For When You Have An Hpv Breakout?
- What Percentage Of People Could Be A Hpv Carrier?
- What Does Herpes Do To The Spine?
- What Causes Trichomoniasis Vaginitis?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Using Yogurt To Treat Vaginitis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.