Can it be ARS please help? Donation has been done

Dear Dr Frascino Hello from Russia. Just 15 days ago I had sex with a sex worker. My activities were protected vaginal sex condom was intact, receiving unprotected oral sex with ejaculation into her mouth and fingering with no cuts or open sores in the finger whatsoever. A week later I had a diarrhea that lasted one time and continued with excessive flatulence and later at night I had chills and fever that lasted on and off for 24 hours. After few days from fever I had developed sore throat that is still continues. My lymph nodes are ok controlled by Doctors, no rash and others symptoms are involved. My questions is this .Am I experiencing typical acute primary Hiv infection and considering my sexual activities could I be infected by HV virus. Thank you for your cooperation DR

Hello Russian Guy,

Are you experiencing typical acute primary HIV infection? No, absolutely not.

Protected sex is indeed "protected," assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail. Oral sex carries only a very minimal risk for HIV transmission. Your "symptoms" are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV.

Get an HIV test at the three-month mark, if you remain concerned. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this sexcapade. Take a read through the archives of this forum. I'm sure you'll find the information and testimonials there encouraging.

Thank you for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Stay safe. Stay well.

Closure
false positive/can you explain?