Serum HIV test Neg but HIV anti-body test positive

My Serum HIV test for Life insureance was negative, two weeks later i donated blood and was rejected because on my HIV anti-body test was positive. The Doc said my NAT showed negative for DNA results.

Why am I getting different results?

The testing used for screening blood donations is set to be extremely sensitive so as not to miss any potentially HIV-positive donors. As such, it tends to be "over sensitive" in that it detects a number of false-positives. Follow-up more specific testing can then be done to distinguish these false-positives from true positives. This method allows for maximal protection of the blood supply. Your negative HIV test for life insurance is the test you should rely on. You are HIV negative. If you need further evidence of this you can repeat that test. You can read more about this in the archives, if you desire additional information.

Condom Came Off
Need to donate blood soon