Blood Contact

Dr. Bob,

I find your forum very interesting, entertaining, and most importantly educational.

I have a tiny bit of OCD and had a blood contact question in regards to HIV.

This morning I left the condo and drove into work. When I got to work I notticed a red smear on my right palm. I licked my finger and tried to get the smear off but it would not. There were no cuts on my hand and I went into work to wash it off. Later, I became paranoid that I did not know where this possible blood came from. During my drive into work I was eating a breakfest bar with my right hand. If in fact this was blood I touched somewhere,it must have been wet because it got smeared on my hand. I know HIV can not surrvive in dry blood, but I read somewhere that HIV can surrvive outside the body in "wet/moist" bodily fluids; like blood. Should I be worried? Do you think I may have exposed myself to HIV oraly by eating my breakfest bar with the blood smeared on my right palm?

Thank you very much....keep up the good work!

Glad you like the forum and find it helpful.

Your HIV risk from what you describe is nonexistent. Are you sure you have only "a tiny bit" of OCD???

Stay well.

self-masturbated with wound on hand
I am at low risk but had a indeterminate result