Oraquick or ELISA Test at 12 weeks?

Dr. Bob,

Which test should I take the Oraquick or ELISA when I go for my 12 week test on August 8? I have done both. It is kinda hard to compare test results with the Oraquick. But with the ELISA, it could be done. This is the reason why I am asking such a question.

Plus, I have read that unprotected vaginal sex is considered high risk. Should I continue testing after the 12 week test?

Lastly, thank you again for the advice on the counselling and medication. It has made the last 4 weeks bearable.

Thanks,

Medicated Son of Worried Mother

Both OraQuick and ELISA are considered to be highly accurate at 12 weeks. I see no reason to "compare test results." Either OraQuick or ELISA will give a definitive and conclusive result if negative at 12 weeks. If positive, the OraQuick would only be considered preliminarily positive and would require a confirmatory test by routine serology. If the ELISA is positive, it will need confirmation with a Western Blot or Immunofluorescent assay (IFA). Testing beyond 12 weeks is not necessary in my opinion, although it is, of course, always available.

Good luck!

Whats the point in waiting until you get back? You never answer my questions anyway.
Dapsone & Septrin