hiv in nasal mucus?
Aug 12, 2006
Dear dr. Frascino, does nasal mucus contain HIV and can an accidental ingestion of nasal mucus of a person with HIV and not on HAART be at risk? Thank you!
Response from Dr. Frascino
Nasal secretions similar to saliva, sputum, sweat, tears, urine, vomitus and feces are not implicated in the transmission of HIV, unless they contain visible blood.
Out of curiosity, how did you mange to "accidentally" chow down some HIV positive boogers?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Do Doxycycline Take To Cure Chlamydia?
- Are Dark Spots On Mouth Area And Penis Tip Signs Of Hiv?
- Can You Get Std From Oral Sex?
- Does Long Lasting Herpes Outbreak Mean I Am Infected With HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.