Aids Pandemic?

I realize the ad banners on the home page prevent logical explanations but I was wondering why AIDS hasnt run rampant in the straight community as it has been promised in the 25 some-odd years of the crisis. Without taking IV users into consideration (as its not sexual) the infected cases would suggest homosexuals are more sexually diviant and/or practice less safe sex than heteosexuals. With STDs rising, why hasnt this affected the general population yet?

". . . the infected cases would suggest homosexuals are more sexually deviant and/or practice less safe sex than heterosexuals . . . ." What????? Please note there are over 40 million people worldwide currently infected with HIV. The vast majority of these cases were contracted via heterosexual sex. AIDS is a pandemic, and to suggest it's a homosexual problem that "hasn't affected the general population" is pure nonsense. Homosexuals are not "more sexually deviant," nor do they practice less safe sex than their heterosexual counterparts. It is true the prevalence of HIV is higher in men who have sex with men in the United States and there are scientific, biologic and epidemiologic reasons for this. I would urge you to closely examine the facts of the HIV/AIDS pandemic before trying to draw conclusions to explain a premise that is not based in reality.

casual contact risks
Donation Made. Sex worker question