4th time asking - cold water

Do i need to donate money for a response. I think i will donate even if i dont get one because i have gotten a lot of valuable information and have actually been less worried about blood. I am planning on becoming a dentist and was terrified about sticking myself, but after this site, i realize its unlikely expecially if i practice dentistry safe.

Ok heres the question!

I was tubing down a creek/river and a lady was bleeding down her leg. The area of the river she was standing was not moving fast/flowing fast. I had a small cut on my finger, it was not bleeding, but did not have a scab on it, so what would my risk be if my finger was exposed to the bloody water. The water was not red or anything like that. This is driving me nuts thinking about this and need some answers. I like to worry about stupid things, is this just another stupid worrying situation for me?

Also, i see many responses that HIV does not survive long at all in water and warm water, does this hold true for cold water?

You like to worry about stupid things . . . ????? Hmmm . . . couldn't you find a better hobby? How about Soduko???

Your HIV risk is nonexistent. You can't contract it in a river (warm or cold), unless, of course, you're having unprotected sex while riding the rapids.

Thanks for your kind comments and desire to help those in need (www.concertedeffort.org). As for your career in dentistry, you'll soon learn "universal precautions" are a prerequisite for protecting both you and your patients.

Stay well.

HIV Symptoms and presence of HIV Antibodies
Please Sir, show me the way!!!