|HIV Symptoms and presence of HIV Antibodies
Aug 12, 2006
6 weeks ago I had protected oral sex with a sex worker. 2 days later I developed a itchy rash on on my leg followed by flue like symptoms 17 days later.
I bought a HIV home test at 21 days and it was negative. the symptoms continued so I retested at 27 days, still negative.
My question to you is if indeed you have acquired HIV what would come first the antibodies or the Symptoms. I contine to experience a sore throat and groin pain as I am now over 40 days I got retested today again with the home test kit.
I will also be sending you a donation as I feel your forum is extremely helpful.
Thank you for your time
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Symptoms associated with seroconversion and the production of detectable levels of detectable anti-HIV antibodies generally occur around the same time. Regarding your situation:
1. Protected sex is protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail.
3. HIV tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be definitive.
Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return, I'll send my good-luck karma, although in reality I strongly doubt you need it!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- I Have Hiv Symptoms But No Antibodies
- First 6 Weeks Of Hiv Symptoms
- The First Test Given To Determine The Presence Of The Hiv
- When Will People Infected With Hiv Show The Presence Of Antibodies?
- Will People Infected With Hiv Show The Presence Of Hiv Antibodies?
- Where Is Hiv Found In The Body?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.