HIV Symptoms and presence of HIV Antibodies

Hello Doc:

6 weeks ago I had protected oral sex with a sex worker. 2 days later I developed a itchy rash on on my leg followed by flue like symptoms 17 days later.

I bought a HIV home test at 21 days and it was negative. the symptoms continued so I retested at 27 days, still negative.

My question to you is if indeed you have acquired HIV what would come first the antibodies or the Symptoms. I contine to experience a sore throat and groin pain as I am now over 40 days I got retested today again with the home test kit.

I will also be sending you a donation as I feel your forum is extremely helpful.

Thank you for your time

Symptoms associated with seroconversion and the production of detectable levels of detectable anti-HIV antibodies generally occur around the same time. Regarding your situation:

1. Protected sex is protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail.

2. Oral sex, even unprotected, carries only a very low risk for HIV transmission.

3. HIV tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be definitive.

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return, I'll send my good-luck karma, although in reality I strongly doubt you need it!

ivig trmt for human parvo
4th time asking - cold water