Aids from blister popping??

So I'm an idiot. I was at the gym working out and noticed I had a painful blister on my left foot. Instead of just letting it be I decided to take my gym locker safety pin, and after a "thorough" cleaning of the head of the pin with my gym shorts and saliva, I leaked the blister through the pin prick to the first and maybe second layers of my skin. Semi-immediately regretting my idiocy I finished up a 20 minute bike workout and rushed home, peeled back the blister (breaking the 3rd layer of skin) and soaked the toe in rubbing alchohol for half an hour. Is there any chance of the single random surviving HIV molecule on the pin reaching my blood in that 30 minute time frame? I'm a biology-genetics student for god's sake so I feel like I somehow deserve the punishment just for my outright ignorance (and possibly subsequent unfounded paranoia). Please make me feel better!! I beg of you!!

Hello Biology-Genetics Student,

Idiot??? Nah. Anyone studying biology and genetics doesn't qualify for that moniker. Now if you said you were a student of "intelligent design," well then yes, you'd be an idiot.

I do agree spit and sweaty gym shorts don't quite qualify as sterile precautions. I will also point out that "semi-immediately" is an oxymoron, and your self-surgery in between bench presses did not place you at any risk whatsoever for HIV!

So relax, Max! Your paranoia is indeed "unfounded!" (By the way, isn't all paranoia unfounded by definition????)

Stay well. Keep studying. Someday, when you are more knowledgeable about the biology of germ transmission, particularly HIV, you'll look back and smile at these unwarranted worries.

I have signs of HIV
Fun with a Russian hooker gone bad! Not HIV related