PLEASE DR BOB. Have I put myself at risk for HIV? I want to donate too.

Hi Dr Frascino,

I can't stop crying. I don't know if I've put myself at risk for HIV and would really appreciate your help.

I had sex three times with a man I didn't know well. All three times latex condoms were used throughout and he withdrew before ejaculation.

The second time I saw him put a condom on before he entered me. I asked him to ejaculate outside of me. I felt latex when he was inside of me I didn't see him remove the condom to ejeculate on me, but I assume that he took it off after he'd withdrawn from me. He started to ejaculate on me after taking the condom off but he was outside of my body. I'm guessing I would have felt him remove the condom if he tried to do that while inside me, and I didn't see him do that.

He also performed oral sex on me with no barrier. I saw no visible blood or sores in his mouth, even though I didn't examine his mouth thoroughly. I blew him with a condom on.

He also ejaculated on my body. Some of the semen hit the outer labia of my vagina but didn't go inside of it. No semen went into the vaginal lining. Just the outside skin. There were no fresh cuts but there was a little irritation from shaving.

After this he tld me that he'd had a relationship (and given unprotected oral sex to) with an HIV positive woman. He claimed he got tested when he ended the relationship and that it was negative.

Initially, he agreeded to get tested with me so we could relax. But today, he called nad said he doesn't want to date anymore and I'm anxious it's because he's hiding something. I'm scared he has HIV and gave it to me. Based on the activities I have described, have I put myself at risk for HIV? Please respond as I am terrified I'm infected.

Also, how do I donate to your foundation?

Thanks for your help.

Scared 26 year old

"I'm guessing I would have felt him remove the condom if he tried to do that while inside me . . ."???? What????

Dearie, stop sobbing; dry the tears and get a grip! OK? From the activities you describe, your HIV risk would be minimal. Protected sex is protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail. Unprotected cunilingus carries a negligible risk. Spunk that does not enter the vagina is not considered a risk. If you're worried, get an HIV test at the three-month mark to calm any residual fears. However, please note the odds remain astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from the activities you described. Take a read through the archives of this forum. You should find the information encouraging.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site, www.concertedeffort.org.

Stay safe to stay well.

Masterbation
the Truth Doctor