sucked on my finger

Dear Ryan

I know this might sound stupid but it is causing me a great deal of stress. A year ago I was at a strip club and I cut my finger(not badly but enough to bleed a little) one of the girls then took my finger and began to kiss it and suck on it. About a week after this I came down with a high fever and am now nervous that I caught HIV. My friends say that I am nuts and that I cant catch it that way and my doctor seems to agree( although he did not call me nuts). I am very worried but too scared to get tested.

It sounds like you are surrounded by a lot of knowledgeable (and not always the most sensitive!) people. There is no clear evidence that HIV is transmitted through contact with saliva, regardless of where the contact occurs.

RMK

papsmear testing
stds and kissing